Relevant Publications from the lab on motor control.
If you have any questions or comments, please email Travis DeWolf.
Our motor projects
- 2-link arm model: This is a simple two-link arm model for Matlab.
- 3-link arm model: This is a three-link arm model for Matlab, developed with MapleSim.
- 6 muscle arm model:This is a 6 muscle, 3-link arm model for Matlab, developed with MapleSim.
- 9 muscle arm model:This is a 9 muscle, 3-link arm model for Matlab, developed with MapleSim.
- Optimal control of linear arm model: This is an example of an optimal controller for a linear arm model that implements a very basic hierarchy to guide the end-effector in a straight line to the target. The target is moved with the [w,s,a,d] keys.
- Simple arm control implemented in Nengo: This example implements a linear controller for a nonlinear arm model in Nengo, demonstrating how to hook up to the physics engine.
- Neural integrator learning demo: This example requires downloading the OMS model and runs in matlab and simulink. (See the readme).
As part of the research in our lab we are looking at biological mappings of a hierarchical optimal control framework behind motor control in the brain. Travis DeWolf has been working on developing a biologically plausible framework for models of neural control of movement, to read an abbreviated description of this model, please click here: NOCH framework.